Friday, April 16, 2010

Roasted chicken, seasoned fries, and baby green salad


This was my lunch yesterday.

Roasted chicken leftovers, pan-cooked in organic butter to warm it up, organic baby green salad, and homemade seasoned french fries.

The organic, pastured, happy roasted chicken originally cost $16, but I so far have gotten 4 meals from it, and still have 1/3 of the carcass to go. 
The greens cost about 50 cents.
The organic potato for the fries was from my CSA box, so I estimate about $1 cost. 
I used Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute and some Trader Joe's Sea Salt. 
I fried the potato in lard that I rendered from organic, hormone-free pork fat trimmings that I got from the butcher.

I'll overestimate and call it a $4.50 lunch. It took about 22 minutes to make, and it was super tasty. 




-- Sent from my Palm Prē

No comments: