Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Something New - 2/14/09

Hi all!

So, my new thing for the week: Foie Gras.

Foie Gras is the fattened liver or a duck or goose. I HATE liver!! I made my grandmother stop making giblet gravy at thanksgiving, because the liver chunks are gross-tastic!!

For Valentine's Day, Gabriel took me to Terra. The food was beyond sublime, and as an appetizer, Gabriel ordered the Foie Gras. I was grossed out, but said I would try it. I'm so glad I did!

The chef took a 1/2" thick slice of the liver and quickly pan-seared it, so it was a mite crusty. It was plated with some greens and a peach tarte tatin over what appeared to be port wine reduction. I very hesitantly cut off a bit with my fork, and was astounded at the texture. I was so surprised at the delicate flavor! It was so good! I will order it again somewhere else.

So, new for this week: foie gras, Terra, and their tasty passion fruit mojito.

Go forth and be renewed! And come back and tell me what's new with you! What have you tried that's new to you?

No comments: