Sunday, June 1, 2008

Book Expo, and a review

So, I'm frigging tired.

The McDonald's southern chicken biscuit is a pretty tasty Chick-Fil-A ripoff, turns out. You can even taste the pickle juice in the batter. Oh, and so far 3 out of 3 locations near me do NOT have sweet tea. Bastards. Not nice to do to a Southern girl at 8 am on her day off.

I got a CRAZY amount of free stuff. I'm not kidding. The bags of books filled the entire backseat and floorboard of the car. I'll post a photo when I have it handy. Aprons, mints, postcards, books, bookmarks, ads, brochures, books, bags, books, frisbees, books, a whoopee cushion, books.... did I mention books?

I've even read one already. It's called Life Sucks, and it's a graphic novel from First Second. So far, I've loved EVERYTHING this company has put out. Life Sucks is no exception. It's about a boy who works at a convenience store who falls in love with a Goth girl. Problem: he's a geek. Another problem? He's a vampire with a very cruel master. That's why he works at a convenience store. the night shift, obviously. Think Clerks, but undead. It's a very awesome title. I wanna be published by First Second when I grow up! Also check out Vampire Loves. This is also the same company that put out the award-winning American Born Chinese. If they publish it, I'm very likely to buy it. I can't say the same for any other publisher, be they comic book, graphic novel, traditional, or otherwise.

I've had a nap. Now I want to sleep. Later!

No comments: