Monday, November 3, 2008

On the Finishing of my Novel...

So last night, I finished writing my novel. I was approximately 2.5 days late in doing so, but I did it! I'm SO happy with it! Borders does not serve champagne. I celebrated with a root beer float instead.

Tuesday and the Moon :Tuesday's fiancee is missing!! When she tries to find him, she ends up on another planet between the Earth and the Moon, and discovers that he's not all he said he was.

I'll start to talk more about the experience soon. I am starting a rewrite class, so a full beta reader version should be ready at the end of December.

I worry that I don't really feel any different. I'm still me, but I just accomplished this massive goal. Given my current worries, I feel this huge pressure to make writing profitable, but the money is only there for a lucky few. Since when have I ever been that lucky? I learned a long time ago that luck isn't my strong suit. Hard work is.

I write because I have to. It is in me to write these tales. They want to come out! There are 36 more in the wings. Hopefully, somebody likes one of them.

The joy has been dampened, however. Today, my fish is dying, my new cat is missing, and one of my turtles is dead (RIP, dear Herakleitus). All this happened since I finished, so there has been little time for joy. That, and the fact that I need a lot of money fast. I really hope things turn around soon. I also hope that both my grandfathers get better.

Life. So full of joys and miseries. I'm getting a whole lotta both right now.

No comments: