Monday, December 3, 2007

Vin Diesel is a nice guy, but I'm a slack-ass.

Ok, not completely slack-ass, just mostly slack-ass.

Haven't written one damn word of my novel in a while. I know, I suck. My first NaNoWriMo was an anemic attempt to say the least. Oh, well. But, I am furiously working out my plot holes, etc. The new timeline is to do a full outline, plot, etc. by the end of December, followed by a 30-day first draft for January. Followed by a 30-day outline of book #2 for February, then a 30-day first draft of book #2 for March. And so on.

Yeah, I know. Ambitious. But I'd like to get a lot of major writing done the first 6 months of next year so that come summer, I can go back to my first attempt and revise like a maniac. The eventual goal is still one readable (i.e. 3rd or 4th draft that doesn't suck so bad that my peeps can't read it yet) manuscript by October 31st, 2008, otherwise known as my 33rd birthday.

Vin Diesel came in to my restaurant, and I was vaguely interested because he's a goofy D&D nerd like me. He really liked our hostess, Danielle. He was such a sweetheart, acting all shy and goofy when he asked for her number. And he was so polite to the servers & other hosts, too. He gets my nice guy vote.

Also, I forgot to mention my Jon Lovitz sighting a few months ago (illustrating his golf swing to someone no less), as well as Danny Bonaducci, so I'll add them to the list below.

KRS-One
Nick Lachey & his VJ girlfriend ( I should look up her name, but that implies that I give a damn...)
Ashton Kutcher / Demi Moore last December
Bruce McGill (he was on MacGuyver, among other things - classy, pleasant fellow!)
Mark Dacascos (Brotherhood of the Wolf - AWESOME guy, really nice, too!)
Kirk Cameron
Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit)

(again, the above list is just for the peeps back home in Atlanta who would think these sightings are cool/weird. Unless they're from Star Trek or Star Wars, or just one of the exceptionally cool ones (coughBenicioDelTorocough), I really don't care. They're just people. Plus, it is kind of neat to mention who else I've seen who isn't in nerd-dom. I was starting to look like a geek when all my celebrity meetings involved dragons or spaceships, not that that's a bad thing.)

Food for thought:

Krispy Kreme has a Star Wars themed doughnut cake available. I know what you're thinking. Don't. I'll balloon up like, well, a balloon.

1 comment:

ME said...

Your blog is very interesting,One thing in this older post stuck out like a sore thumb.Meeting Vin diesel! That must've been cool.By looking at the dates,I thought he was with the mother of his child,yet he asked the hostess at your job for her number?? The time frame suggest his child's mother was preggers with his kid.That is weird.I wonder if the hostess at your job kept in contact with him??? Now that would be cool.I will stay tuned into your blog.